We are hiring an electrical fitter for pilot plant operations.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven engineer/technician to join an organisation with ambitious plans in the sustainable biorefining sector. Ideally suited for someone who wants to develop their design and operational experience with the opportunity of becoming a key support in the full lifecycle project of Bio-Sep’s First Commercial Plant.
The Pilot Plant Electrical Fitter shall be responsible for the safe and effective daily operations at the Bio-Sep Pilot Plant located at Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, UK.
Reporting to the Plant Supervisor, the Electrical Fitter will provide the key support in the day-to-day pilot plant and test rig operations and maintenance for pilot scale production. Assist the team in applying the technology principles demonstrated on the pilot plant to the design and delivery of our first commercial plant (FCP).
- Key responsible person for safely conducting the installation, maintenance, testing and repairs of electrical systems and equipment at the Pilot Plant Facility.
- Supporting the Pilot Plant Supervisor in safely implementing pilot plant operations, conducting batch runs and reporting results and equipment performance to support process selection decisions for the commercial plant.
- Key point of contact with control system subcontractors ensuring all drawings and documentation is up to date and transfer of knowledge is bought in house.
- Control instrumentation installation, calibration and diagnosis.
- Improving and implementing SHE best practices for the Pilot Plant Facility.
- Compiling and updating the SOPs for safe and effective operations of the equipment at the Pilot facility.
- Housekeeping and upkeep of the Pilot Plant Facility.
- Trouble shooting and identification of Process Optimisation opportunities following Root Cause Analysis.
- Point of contact with 3rd party engineering support contractor. Develop and build relationship with contractor for improved equipment management and maintenace.
Skills and experience requirements
- This is a hands-on engineering role. The ideal candidate will be from an electrical background, completed a recognised apprenticeship and demonstrate working plant operational experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an electrical fitter or technician in a Chemical or Manufacturing environment.
- This is a site-based role.
- Demonstrate competence in understanding/interpreting electrical and engineering drawings.
- Demonstrate competence in Electrical Regulations and Standards.
- Demonstrate competence in 3 phase electrical systems i.e., electrical motors.
- Demonstrable competence in Plant Operations, Process Safety and Process Optimisation.
- Correct attitude and pro-active mindset. Willingness to support various tasks and requirements.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstratable ability to work effectively with cross functional teams.
- Experience of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing Techniques are desirable but not essential.
How to apply
Please note that we can only accept applicants with the right to work in the UK.